BURGENER WARM UP, SKILL TRANSFER EXERCISES DONE EACH WORKOUT.
- snatch: warm up with 3 position snatch for 2 sets…bar or very light weight. then work up to 80% x 1 x 5 singles with 90 seconds rest.
- snatch pulls; just like the snatch. 90%x3, 100%x3x2
- snatch balance no dip: 4 sets x 2 reps you select the weight. punch hard down to receive the bar.
- snatch balance with a dip: 3 sets x 1 rep. heavier than no. 3…..speed and aggressiveness if the key here.
- kb snatch+ohs+sotts press…..2 reps each hand x 3 sets. (love this exercise!!)
- jesses burdick back extensions: learned this from jesse. evil!! take 2 kb’s….bring back parallel to ground using a glute ham bench. the 2 kb are then rowed like a bent over row x 10 reps…..then do 10 reps holding onto the kb’s and only do back extensions….then let go of 1 kg and grab the other 1 with 2 hands and do 10 reps with 1 kb….finally let go of the kb and do 10 more back extensions with body only. rest about 4-5 min and repeat.
- sit ups x 100 reps.