FOR THE 3RD WEEK I AM NOT PUTTING ANY %% ON THE WEIGHTS. USE YOUR BODY TO TELL YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD LIFT!!
TECHNIQUE RULES!!! REMEMBER FUNDAMENTALS ARE THE WAY TO GET BETTER
BURGENER WARM UP +SKILL TRANSFER EXERCISES
- SLOW TEMPO PULLS TO high hang, snatch from high hang +1, THEN take bar to hang and snatch +1, THEN take bar back to floor and snatch+1 x 5 sets. the high hang is straight up and down. no power snatch!! BE DILIGENT HERE WITH YOUR PULL TO THE HIGH HANG. bar takes 10 sec to get to the high hang…..pause at the high hang, then snatch the weight from high hang…..then snatch the weight from the hang. ….this snatch the weight from the floor. 1+1+1 x 5 sets.
- snatch pause tempo pulls: 3 sets x 2 reps. pause at each position 1001, 1002 count. WEIGHT HERE SHOULD BE HEAVIER THAN YOU USED IN EXERCISE 1.
- sotts presses out of a front squat: 1 front squat+5 sotts presses x 5 sets. MOBILITY AND STRENGTH HERE GOVERN WHAT YOU CAN LIFT.
- back extensions: parallel to ground. use weight and pause 2 sec at the top. 2 sets x 5 reps GO UP IN WEIGHT FROM LAST WEEK IF YOU CAN.
- box jumps x 15 at 21″+ height.
- sit ups x 50 using a 5-10 lb db behind head.
The six positions are:
1-1″ off floor
2-1″ below knee
3-1″ above knee
4-mid thigh. Aka hang
5-the scoop. I call this the down position.
6-can be 3 different names….a. High hang if I am standing only. B. FINISH if I am exploding to a finish position from number 5. C. Can actually be a snatch from 5 position or a clean from 5. Depending on what we are working on.
We can also do tempo pause pulls where we would pause for a 1-2 second count at each position.
When doing both style of pulls (tempo no pause and tempo with pause) you go up hitting all positions and come down to Floor hitting all positions.