today’s workout is geared towards some speed and strength movements.
1. snatch+ohs: 60%x3+3, 65%x2+3, 70%x1+3×3
2. clean+pp+jerk: your wt. will be kept to a minimum due to the pp, but i want to work that drive and finish that the press will give you. 1 clean +1 pp +1 jerk written as 1+1+1 x 5-6 sets. you select the wt. to use.
3. box jumps: get as high a box as you can safely make the jump. my son cody uses a 42″ box. do 3 sets x 5 jumps.
4. glute ham back extensions: use weight while doing these: 3 x 10 reps
5. ball slams: use a 20 lb med ball, d-ball type of ball if you can….3 x 15 throws on the ground.
6. stretch and cool down